Get well soon. Stay strong

My friends and I visited a friend whose daughter is in a high-care unit of a hospital.

The daughter is 12 years old. She was not feeling very well but she insisted to go for an overnight trip with friends to the countryside. She went home feeling worse. It got worse and she fell into coma. She has lost so much weight. She has regained her consciousness now. But she is still unable to speak. Her body looked stiff, weak and so skinny.

We stayed for a while at the hospital, trying to bring some comfort to my friend and his wife. Then we went home. Speechless.

This afternoon, he sent a message to us. I deleted the mention of my company--though not sure for what purpose:

"Ibu, please send our greatest gratitude to the management and staff members of the company in all Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang and Surabaya for their considerable attention and contribution to my family. We didn't expect and were deeply touched by the symphathies shown in the form of money donation.

This truly helps relieves some of our difficulties, and the prayers from all of you, I believe, can help speed the recovery of our daughter. We are really proud of the visit of Ibu Nelly, Rosanah, Novi, Eva and Ayu. We hope that all team members will not forget us, as we won't. I hope we always keep in touch."


You don't know him. You cannot imagine the condition of his daughter. But I am sure you can feel his sincerity, sadness and gratefulness. Sadness and gratefulness --two words that are seldom placed side-by-side in one sentence.

Please pray for him, the daughter and his family. God bless.

No comments: