It's Jakarta's turn

I don't need to tell you about the flood in Jakarta. And you don't need to hear my version of flood stories nor more pictures about the flood. They are all over.

But I have just arrived from my trip to Bandung. I went there yesterday. It was an odd feeling to go from such a chaotic place where almost nothing runs normally like Jakarta these last several days to a town that is much drier where life goes on.

I was actually looking out of the window of my office. And I thought about the numerous disasters that happened in various places in Indonesia recently, when Jakarta always acted as if nothing has happened and everything was business as usual.

Perhaps it is Jakarta's turn now, to have this unfortunate catasthrope while life goes on in other cities in Indonesia. So that hopefully in the future, we cannot act like nothing has happened again.

No comments: