In a matter of seconds

Jakarta is sunny today. It was sunny yeterday morning and part of the afternoon as well.


Then at about 5pm yesterday, it turned into this:

[pic: Kompas Daily]


I was waiting for my car, half complaining and thinking what had taken my driver so long to come. And I was looking towards the sky of East Jakarta.

I literally watched the storm moving towards me. It was so fast. The bright sky quickly turned into dark. Very dark. And might I say, scarily dark.

As I was on my way home, I thought probably it was no coincidence that I should stand there watching these drastic changes of the sky.

The waiting for the car was just a logical excuse to force me to stand there, having no other choice but to watch the sky. From brightness to darkness.

Just like I am standing here right now watching my country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a nice short post :)