The luxury of choosing

[Bahasa Indonesia]
People often refer to me as “lucky” that I have the choice to do certain things, a lot of things. I consider myself blessed.

Not just because I have the luxury of choices. But also the luxury of having the courage to make the choice and face the consequences.

I think this is what is lacking from a lot of people. We often say we do not have any choice. A recipe for disaster.

I strongly believe that we always have the choice. It is a matter of having the keenness to notice them, the courage to make them, and the integrity to experience the consequence.

It was not until a couple of weeks ago that I realize where I have that belief. I was traveling and chatting with an amazing friend. She said, “You are lucky that your parents have raised you to be like that.” Come to think of it, she was spot on.

My father, a pain as he was when I was little *kiddin, pop*, together with my ever-loving mom have allowed me to grow the way I want myself to be, to try (almost) anything I want to try, and to taste the consequences.

I have the choices. I can make them. You have as well. You can, too.

I have made good calls, and some bad calls. But that is ok. Such experimental life has allowed me to see, to believe that I always have the choice, each comes with its own consequences.

The consequences that I have been willing to take because I know it will allow me to make the leap. To be where I am today. To be where I can be in the future.

And for that, I have my father and mother to thank. Thank you. Thank You. I keep learning everyday what you have done to me, for me. Amazing.

No comments: