From one home to another

[Bahasa Indonesia]
It is September. On the 17th, I'll be off to Scotland for a six-month study in Beshara.

These upcoming months of my life was started by one of those unexpected turns in my life. I was introduced to the Beshara group in Jakarta last year.

I attended a weekend course and I must admit I did not connect instantly. But something has pulled me to the group again and again. I obeyed, partly out of curiosity.

Earlier this year, I attended another weekend course. Toward the end of the course, I stroke up a casual conversation with one of the facilitators. I asked whether it was possible for me to join the course on scholarship. He said, “Just email the school director.” The statement was that simple.

The process was amazingly just as simple. I ‘ignored’ that remarks for a week, then something prompted me, and I thought, well, why not. I have nothing to lose.

I emailed the director. The director responded. Yes. Yes??!?!? I text-ed a couple of friends, forwarded the email, and asked whether I have understood the email correctly. I was. Wow.

Some friends asked (over and over again) how come I got the scholarship, on what ground. The only answer I could give them was: “Perhaps, all you have to do is ask.” A succumbing answer given due to lack of other logical explanation. No need for one.

And the rest is history. I received the acceptance email in March this year. Then life happened. Now we are in September. Two weeks from now, I shall be in Scotland, God willing.

Scotland. The region has been very close to my heart. My friends and family know how much I have fallen in love with the place.

So when they heard I was going to Scotland, there were only two comments made: “It is meant to be” and “Oh, you are going home.”

Yes, I feel like I am going home. I am going home. I am going, from one home to another. It is meant to be. I am merely walking it.

If you go there--and you go there with me, I am sure you can see what I see, and feel what I feel, then you might understand why.

---
I woke up this morning to a text by a dear friend: “May all kind efforts lead the soul to true enlightenment, even if it is not the easiest road.”

I know. You know. No other does. Deep breath.



pics taken from Beshara, Stirling Uni, and Gettyimages.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bakal berapa lama di scotland, va? senangnya..

Eva.M said...

Sekitar tujuh bulan, Sa. Iya, senangnya :) Alhamdulillah. Hope all is well with you and Penang.

OC said...

Off to another learning adventure again? Good luck ya, Eva. I hope one day, all those 'wisdoms' you've learnt can be transfered and adopted by others, including me..:)

Eva.M said...

@ Olla: Thanks, La. The transfer always goes both ways. Take good care.