Thanks. Friends.

[Bahasa Indonesia]

Yesterday a friend (and a mentor) emailed me to respond to my previous thread. She said, "Have a nice cup of coffee, put on your ipod while watching people passing you by. Life is beautiful." Thank you.

Another friend whom I often confide to asked, "When was the last time you sat down with a friend and poured your heart out?". Good question. I cannot remember. That is just not how things work for me now.

She suggested, "Why don't you have a cup of coffee with your close friend(s) and do that?" She did not realize, in my mind, that was what I was doing with her.

That evening I decided to do what I had not done for a long time. My 11pm nightly appointment with You. I prayed. I confided. For a short while. As I walked out of the room, my cat rushed in and laid down on my prayer mat. So I sat down again. And I meditated. This time for a longer while.

Today is weekend. I am off to yet another forgotten ritual of mine. Saturday's breakfast at a nearby coffeeshop, with only myself, my books and some passer-bys (how do you spell this word btw) as companies.

Thank you. All of you.

And to You: I did not realize how much I have missed my conversation with You. I should have come to You sooner. A lot sooner. Every second of my life. I am so sorry. But I am here now. And I hope You let me, You help me, be here all the time from now on.

2 comments:

Dodol Surodol said...

Passers-by.

Eva.M said...

Aaah. Thanks, friend ;)